04 May 2009

Topics

A selection of Topics.Image via Wikipedia

For the first of my daily posts on searching for a job I think an overview of topics I'm going to cover is in order. I doubt that this list will be comprehensive as things will pop up that I will want to cover but this will give me a pool of topics from which I can draw.

I will be attaching this post to the sidebar as a reference. As I write on a topic, I'll put a link on this page to the individual post and as I add topics, I'll add them to this list. I will also be creating a section on my personal website with links to the topic posts. I look forward to your input.



Goals
Discovering what you want to do when you grow up.
Transferable skills.
You in 30 seconds.
Making a plan to reach your goals.
How to identify sources of employment
How to contact people effectively
How to interview effectively
The functional resume
Negotiating salary
Effective Networking
Power statements
Informational interviews
Cover letters
Being a memorable contact
The daily job search.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: